Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Excuses Excuses...





This post will consist only of excuses and pretty non-fiber photos.








Why haven't I posted?


(1) The main reason is the fact that I spent some time dealing with a family crisis... a parent one again. Things have settled down and are actually going quite beautifully now.

(2) The economic situation hasn't helped fiber sales and as a result I've been more interested in working with my fiber than selling it.

(3) I'd been getting annoyed with how difficult Blogger is to work with. I'd heard that Blogger has made improvements since my last post, but I still have to struggle to get my photos where I want them. And the published layout is radically different from what the editing mode shows. I may need to move to a different program.









(4) I've been re-thinking this blog. Obviously I'm not an avid blogger, yet I'm wondering if TWO blogs are called for.


One to let people know what I have available in the way of yarn, roving, "Nearly Felt", kits (eventually), my vending schedule, farm photos, and images of my own work with my fiber. That would be this one.





But it seems that a second blog is needed for me to share the things I'm doing with non- farm fiber... actually, not even wool. For instance, right now I'm working on creating a knotted shag mat with, of all things, POLYESTER from old clothes (not mine!) Eeeeeewwww! But as a hard core fiber snob I must say it's looking quite nice. The technique and the photo... a story for another blog.


The photos: shots from around my yard, taken this morning.
There, my blog is updated and even my web site is updated. But I didn't get my squash and my sunflower seeds in.


Diane

No comments: