Over the last few weeks I've been replenishing my supply of prefelts, concentrating on colors for a certain upcoming holiday!
The Pygoras have all been shorn; they were in full fleece and I was worried that waiting until spring for shearing would result in matted, unusable fleeces. The shearing process wasn't pretty in the beginning because I do not have a stand with the proper fitting to immobilize a goat. I finally found it easiest to just hold them in my lap while shearing. There was initially some struggling, but once each goat realized I was relentless she relaxed and almost seemed to enjoy the process. I enjoyed it too; it was somewhat contemplative and I enjoyed what there is of afternoon sun in early November. Shearing took way too long and because I used scissors I left quite a bit of fiber, but that's ok since it's starting to get chilly here.